Saturday, October 3, 2009

Grand Canyon, South Rim

These pictures were all taken at the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Another view.

If you look closely, you can see the Colorado River winding through the canyon.

Again, a view of the Colorado River.

This really shows the many layers of the canyon.
We drove the length of the south rim and stopped at each lookout point along the way. These pictures were taken at several of these lookouts. When I looked at the canyon, I was overwhelmed by the beauty and the magnitude of this "natural wonder of the world".

There is also a ruins of pueblan groups of indians near the canyon. That was very interesting to see. We also drove through the painted dessert on the way back to Flagstaff. The colors are much as the Grand Canyon.
There were many roadside booths with indians selling their handmade jewelry and pottery along the road we took away from the canyon. This added more character and interest along the way.
We will be in Sun City tomorrow evening and will rest a couple of days before we start a new adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Wish I were there, I only had 15 min to spend at the grand canyon and hope to revisit one day when I can take the time to enjoy the majesty of the area. BTW the wedding was heavenly and I was so very grateful for Mothers presence in this rough chapter of my life,

    ReplyDelete